- Isolation of new cellulolytic and xylanolytic bacteria under aerobic and anaerobic conditions of industrial application.
- Production of plant cell wall degradation enzymes from bacteria and their applications.
- Multienzyme complexes, cellulosome and xylanosome from aerobic and anaerobic bacteria.
- Cloning, sequencing, and expression of the gene encoding plant cell wall degrading enzymes from Paenibacillus curdlanolyticus B-6, and characterization of the recombinant enzymes.
- Bio-conversion of agricultural wastes to sugars.
- Alkaline enzymes from alkaliphillic Bacillus sp. and their applications.
- Application of alkaline cellulose-free xylanase in kraft pulp preableaching.
- Extraction of valuable compounds from mushroom by plant cell wall degrading enzymes.
Contact person: Assoc. Prof. Khanok Ratanakhanokchai
Official website: http://www.enzymetechnology.kmutt.ac.th/